Strip and Glow
Premium Waxing Service
At Strip and Glow, we do professional and virtually pain-free full body waxing for both women and men. We are thorough and attentive. Our experienced waxologist will make sure your time with us is always as comfortable as waxing possibly can be. We also offer Henna Brow Tinting. Strip and Glow are located in Blairgowrie, Johannesburg, but we are very happy to pay you a visit and wax you in the comfort of your home!
- We never Double-Dip.
- The importance of hygiene is recognized. After every customer, all tools and equipment are thoroughly washed and sanitized.
- Even if you’re just waxing your brows, we still wear gloves.
- We use hot wax on all sensitive areas.
- Each client’s treatment bed is lined with a fresh medical tissue towel.
- We do a skin analysis during your session. We will give advice how to treat skin that shows concerns after analysis.
- Open wifi
- Wheelchair accessible
- Temperature-controlled rooms. Heated in winter and cooled in summer!
What do the waxologist need for a waxing appointment at my home?
Please set aside a minimum of 2.5 x 3.5 meters for waxing equipment and treatment bed setup. A plug point should preferably be nearby.
What is our COVID19 regulations?
If you have been experiencing flu-like symptoms and have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid19, please reschedule your appointment after 21 days for both your and mine’s protection. Both the waxing therapist and the client must wear their mask at all times when waxing.
How long should I wait after shaving, to get a wax?
Allow for 2 weeks of hair growth if you’ve been shaving to allow the wax to grasp the hair.
How long after my period can I get a wax?
It’s all about the timing. Waxing should be done a week after your cycle.
Can I get a wax during my period?
Yes you can. Just wear a tampon.
What can I do to lessen the pain?
At least an hour before your waxing appointment, take a warm shower. It will hurt, so take an aspirin or ibuprofen 45 minutes ahead of time. It will not only relieve pain but will also minimize redness due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
What must I avoid before my waxing appointment?
Your skin will become more sensitive if you drink coffee or alcohol before your wax.
What should I avoid after my wax?
- After waxing, do not exercise or engage in strenuous activity.
- After your wax, don’t go swimming or sunbathing for at least 24 hours.
- For at least 24-48 hours after your wax, avoid steam rooms, saunas, and very hot showers.
- After your wax, avoid wearing anything too tight.
What can I do to help my skin after a wax?
Bump-free skin necessitates exfoliation and moisturization. Exfoliate the skin at least twice a week.
Between waxing appointments, don’t shave.
How long should you wait to schedule your next appointment?
Schedule your waxing appointments every 3-6 weeks, depending on how quickly your hair grows back.
Any consultation must be scheduled in advance.
You should schedule your appointment at least a week or two weeks ahead of time. Cancellations are permitted as long as they are made at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
We want to make it as simple as possible for you to contact us, so you can make a reservation in any of the following ways:
Contact us / Book
Owner / Waxologist
Phone: 010 822 2157
Mobile: 065 310 3661
99 Conrad, Block B, Blairgowrie, Randburg, 2195
Strip and Glow
Fill out the form to contact us directly or make an appointment.